moderated Re: Suggested updates to message footer

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 11:09 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
All I had to do to include the selective quote from your message was to highlight the bit I wanted to focus on and then click on "Reply". The highlighted passage was automatically imported into the reply for me. It could hardly be easier.
And this has been "standard operating procedure" on a wide variety of web forum interfaces for a very long time now.

It makes me crazy on the other site where I am heavily involved as a moderator that it doesn't work this way.  Your only choice with the quoting mechanism is to quote the whole message and then take out what you don't want/need in the reply composition window.  That's a grand PITA when you want a single line or two as context from a hugely long previous post.