moderated Re: Give unsubscribing members ‘special notice’ option if no-email is disabled #suggestion

Brian, there are too many double negatives here. Bottom line, now that I understand your preference I totally agree with you. Special notices should always get through. The fact that no-email subscriptions block them is the reason that I and others fought so hard for an option to disable no-email. We are totally on the same page, except that I personally don’t care that no-email blocks special notices nod that there’s a feature to get past that.

On Feb 20, 2019, at 3:47 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 06:37 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
It does. No revisiting required.
What requires revisiting is whether it should.  I don't need any further convincing that it does.  I have never been persuaded by the argument, "because we've always done it that way," and particularly once it becomes apparent that the law of unintended consequences is hugely at play.  It is, and shall remain, my opinion that a no email choice should not apply to special notices.

I will now happily return you to your previous topic and offer no more on this side loop.