moderated Re: Give unsubscribing members ‘special notice’ option if no-email is disabled #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Well, based on what has been stated here, which I have no reason to doubt, the idea that an end-user's choice of no-email should block administrative notices is in desperate need of revisiting.

I can see the very rare desire to receive nothing except special notices.  I can never see a justification for a member (and I mean any member - owner, moderator, or regular) to be able to block special notices.

I also fully expect that group owners and moderators know better than to abuse the special notice feature.