moderated Re: Give unsubscribing members ‘special notice’ option if no-email is disabled #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 05:55 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
It makes sure I can reach all group members when absolutely necessary to convey some crucial information.
OK, but I still don't understand.  (And that could be my not getting something).  My understanding is that it is not possible for members of a group to block special notices by e-mail under any circumstances, even if they're "no e-mail."   Am I mistaken?

If that is the case, and it should be a separate topic, should it be?   Anywhere else I've ever been a member of where "special notices" were a feature they were not blockable under any circumstances.  That was their entire purpose for being.