moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 02:25 AM, Andy W wrote:
If you are creating a private reply then I think the default is to show it coming from the owner address
That would/could only happen if (a) the subgroup member is a moderator of the main group and (b) the subgroup member uses the Send Message feature from the member's page. Both of those comprised my original suggestion to take the place of this non-subgroup-post-to-parent-group feature in the first place.

I'm not sure what would happen with a private reply from the subgroup. I'm not sure it would go to Fred, who is a non-member of the subgroup. I'm guessing that the only way a subgroup member could reply to Fred is outside the subgroup, either using Send Message from Fred's member page as above (if the subgroup member has been made a moderator - which the original requestor, Dave B, did not want to do), or by a personal message outside the group. Not sure whether a private reply would even work in this case. Would be easy to test.