moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

Andy Wedge

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 03:44 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
That seems to be correct and it was the problem I saw with the request for this feature (although it may serve the requestor's purposes).
My point was that the message from a parent group member to a subgroup ends up being either rejected or moderated due to the setting of 'Allow Non Subscribers to Post'.  The option 'Allow Parent Subscribers to Post' doesn't seem to have any effect on it's own.  I am not sure of the purpose of the original request but I don't think it has been implemented or tested well anyway.

The issue (using this example) of someone on the Committee replying to the subgroup but not being able to include Fred applies only if you are posting online as there are no cc: or bcc: options as there would be when using an email client.
(rather than just receiving a single message from) group members via the owner address.
If you are creating a private reply then I think the default is to show it coming from the owner address (if you are the owner of course). There is a drop-down though to allow you to select your own address as the sender which I guess makes it a bit more personal.

Andy

Andy