moderated Re: Advanced Search Functionality - Is it coming? #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Mark,

         This is not meant to be as argumentative as it may sound, but the ability to use the * wildcard would not be considered regex capability by anyone familiar with regular expressions.

          Wildcarding is supported in many contexts where regular expressions are not.  Until or unless something more akin to full regular expression syntax were to be supported I'd avoid making any reference to regular expressions as part of the Groups.io search.

           It's useful to know that this is the extent of what is supported, and I thank you for saying so.