moderated Re: Advanced Search Functionality - Is it coming? #suggestion

Drew

Would love to have regex capable search in Groups.io but I suppose that is probably out of the question.

Drew

On 02/12/19 11:05, Brian Vogel wrote:
. . . and, if it isn't, shouldn't it be?
I am finding more and more often that I would love to be able to narrow my searches on a lot more than keywords/key phrases, and to do so easily.  I cannot find an easy way to do this on Groups.io, and although I have been given a couple of interesting workarounds using the Filter function, that's still not "good enough" for use by the average (or maybe slightly above) user.
I am thinking of something along the lines of what I have available to me on Bleeping Computer or even the now ancient forum software used by the Rolls-Royce Owners Club of Australia:
*Bleeping Computer*:
*RROC-A*:
I have no idea if such may already be in the works, but if it isn't, I'd like to ask that it be seriously considered.  There really should be an advanced search mechanism, even if that search is confined to one group rather than any of the groups one subscribes to, though the latter would be great if it's not hellishly difficult to implement.  There are often times when I can remember specific keywords or phrases, but not the group something was said in, or the author and the approximate date range, but not have an exact key word or phrase I can use.  Searching on this sort of criteria allows one to locate material far more easily.
*/     I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half./*
           ~ /Jay Gould <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Gould>/, U.S. financier & railroad robber baron (1836 - 1892)