moderated Re: Invite people to subgroups

Jim Higgins

Despite not using the word "invite," I understand... and my comments referred to subgroup moderators with NO PERMISSION to add to the main group.

Jim H

Received from Andy W at 2/11/2019 07:11 PM UTC:

Hi Jim,
Since members of a subgroup must be a member of the main group, a subgroup moderator with no permission to add to the main group should not be able to add a member to the subgroup.

Can we clarify the terminology here. Subgroup moderators (with the right permissions) have been able to Direct Add members from the main group membership list. The new feature allows them to invite members.

to add members to the main group ONLY by adding them to the subgroup,

This is what the invite at subgroup level achieves as by accepting a subgroup invite, a user is also added to the main group.

Regards,
ANdy