moderated Re: ability to override two-week timeout on subscription requests #suggestion

Michael Pavan

Mark,

This effectively is also a non-automated work-around to require Subscription Requests to answer Addition Information Needed questions (sent as a Pending Subscription notice) before the Subscription Request is acted on AND without starting the 14 day Subscription Approval Needed clock.

Thank you,
Michael

As Catlady wrote (#19732):
| Our group usually acts on subscription requests immediately, and so far we have not had to be concerned with the two-week time-out. However, occasionally we get a request where it's necessary to put the membership request on hold until more information is known. We are in the midst of such a request right now and I found myself worrying that this person would time out before we could act on it if getting the info takes more than two weeks, which seems likely.

On Feb 9, 2019, at 12:25 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi J,

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 6:51 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
In essence, a claim would have the effect of claiming the pending sub not just away from other mods, but also from the timeout procedure.

I've changed it so that claimed pending subscriptions as well as claimed pending messages are not automatically deleted by the system.