Just spent a few hours checking out the google linked database facility.
We maintain a list of Recommended Medical Specialists for our members around the world.
I was easily able to modify the table entries to match our fields.
There are a couple of improvement that would greatly enhance usability of this feature:
- When deleting items from the database is it necessary to maintain the sequence of ID numbers or could we resequence them on request?
- The ability to connect to Google Directions, when desired by the viewer.
- The ability to limit viewing on a column by column basis so that the moderators/owners could utilize fields for comments, etc we don't want members to be able to access.
- The ability to hide individual rows as needed from members
- One last limit - Abiliity to differentiate between owners and moderators on all viewing limits (e.g. the above items 2,3,4 and all other viewing/editing limits.)
We could get along without any of the above by keeping a duplicate database but that becomes onerous with large populations that change addresses fairly frequently.d
Founder, Fuchs Friends ®
Founder & Executive Director, The Corneal Dystrophy Foundation