moderated Re: Locked Topic Message needs Editable Reason for Rejection

My group has a nearly identical problem. We require condolences for cats with the disease we deal with to be sent privately, for a plethora of reasons; yet, for a plethora of other reasons, we do not allow private replies. So we lock topics about cats who have just died, and send a group message asking people to send condolences privately, with the person's email address included in the message.

The problem with the requested feature I see is that it would only work for people trying to reply via email. So I'm not sure it would be effective.

Currently, I just post a message to the group saying we are sorry for the person's loss, and that condolences may be sent to xyz email address.