moderated Re: "preview" function for web posts #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 01:06 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
The compose box doesn’t look the same as the final post.

This feature exists in some other forum software
Yep, and some very "antique" forums software, at that.  One of the car forums I'm on hasn't had the actual software used to run it updated in years now, and it's stayed on it because we have not been able to find anything that can convert the existing archive to something more modern, and the information is just too precious to lose.

It has a preview function because it uses a weird variant of BBCODE to include things like links, images, etc.

You activate "preview message" or not from the compose area.  The same is true on the far more modern forums software used at Bleeping Computer, where the Add Reply and Preview Post buttons are side by side beneath the full compose dialog.