locked Re: Issues with thread renaming

Marlin47

Judy, off of the subject of this thread, but, you stated that you are not sure how freecycle works now since you have to use the .org one instead of a Yahoo Groups Freecycle.

Wondering why you say that, as it seems freecycle at Yahoogroups is alive and well, and doing very well as a matter of fact.

There are probably thousands of freecycle groups in the U.S. that are not over 5 years old, and I bet there are groups close to you.

Anyone can start a freecycle group on Yahoogroups with no restrictions from the so called official organization.

Marlin

On 2/23/2015 7:02 PM, J. Faulkner wrote:
Shal and Mark, I think there is a slight difference between the various Freecycle groups and the Buy/sell groups. I can only speak for the buy/sell group that I moderate, not for the others.

When someone posts an ad, doesn't matter if it is through the group or through their email program, it is pended and then either approved or rejected. It appears in the Message list (Conversations in Yahoo Groups). At this point, let's say you were interested in the item. You will reply directly to the seller (not to the group like most messages work. I'm not sure how Freecycle works now since we have to use the ..org one and not the Yahoo Groups Freecycle.

From then on, the discussions are between the two parties and we (owners/moderators/members) do not see these conversations.
Just wanted to mention this in case this would have an impact on the design.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA