locked Re: Allow mods with appropriate privileges to edit messages in a locked topic #suggestion

Marina

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 02:01 PM, Chris Jones wrote:

I can see risks in being able to send attachments when members cannot; even
though we make no secret of the fact that for various reasons we do not allow
them we still get people trying; if I or other Moderators sent out attachments
on a Group I moderate then I suspect that we would get even more members
trying it and wondering why their attachments weren't appearing, with all the
attendant "clearing up" afterwards to be handled.
In my group attachments are not forbidden but moderated.
This means that, even if I am the one who decides if other members' attachments are OK, whenever I send a message with an attachment I have to go back and approve/unmoderate my own post.
A moderator who has to unmoderate him/herself does not make much sense to me.
I almost never use the Lock Topic feature in my group, but Catlady and Brian have a point in asking more freedom for moderators.

Marina