locked Re: Allow mods with appropriate privileges to edit messages in a locked topic #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 02:41 PM, Jim Higgins wrote:
Locked should be the end of it... make the decision wisely.
But it isn't always.  Many moderators impose a cooling down period by locking a topic for a period of their choosing, and unlock it later.  I don't, but I've seen that style on more than one occasion where even the idea of actively moderating post by post makes no sense in the heat of the present moment, which will pass.

We've seen lock/unlock sequences, sometimes repeated, on this very forum because of the automatic locking feature employed here.