locked Re: Allow mods with appropriate privileges to edit messages in a locked topic #suggestion

It actually is sometimes worse than a couple of extra clicks, if the message to be edited is recent (which is normally the case) but the thread is old (which is frequently the case). The navigation between them in that case is a real PITA. I don’t consider this ‘feature’ safeguard. And even if it’s a safeguard, there’s a trade off and a limit to how many safeguards you want. I think this particular ‘safeguard’ is not intentional. It’s just an unintentional artifact.

On Jan 11, 2019, at 5:14 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 11:22 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I think moderators (with the appropriate privileges) should bypass that limitation. Currently, I have to unlock the topic to edit any message in it, and then go back and lock it again.
I suspect that in most groups, topics are locked for a good reason. With no way to reasonably "un-edit" a message, I prefer to keep this safeguard in place, rather than experience an "oh s**t" moment. Having to click a few extra buttons to bypass it is no big hardship and provides a sanity check.

My $0.02,
Bruce