locked Re: Allow mods with appropriate privileges to edit messages in a locked topic #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 11:22 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I think moderators (with the appropriate privileges) should bypass that limitation. Currently, I have to unlock the topic to edit any message in it, and then go back and lock it again.
I suspect that in most groups, topics are locked for a good reason. With no way to reasonably "un-edit" a message, I prefer to keep this safeguard in place, rather than experience an "oh s**t" moment. Having to click a few extra buttons to bypass it is no big hardship and provides a sanity check.

My $0.02,
Bruce