locked Re: Allow mods with appropriate privileges to edit messages in a locked topic #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I'll say it again, and have said it before when this has come up, elsewhere this privilege is standard operating procedure, and should be so for Groups.io.

Since it is the group owner or a moderator who determines whether something gets locked or not, it makes little sense to restrict their range of options once a topic is locked.

I can both edit and post to topics that have been locked on another site where I am a moderator right now, and that's also been the case on several others.

I'll also edit certain posts when "the keyword" or "the key phrase" has a significant typo in it that would make the topic unlikely to be found by future searchers.  This doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen.