moderated Re: Subscription Approval Needed notices sent prematurely

Michael Pavan

On Jan 8, 2019, at 1:06 AM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@gmail.com> wrote:

Michael,

... but I (and many others) believe we would be well served by simply
having the "Pending Subscription" Member Notice ask questions and a
response received, prior to the Subscription Approval Needed notice
being sent to moderators.
To be clear, I have no problem with implementing that functionality. My complaint is with taking the established name "Pending Subscription" for the new function.*
Of course implementing the functionally is definitely more important.

In #19486 and #19493 you seem to accept the idea of putting the new function on a new Member Notice type, "Application Information Required”. If that's still on the table then I think we have little or no conflict.
Absolutely.

Shal
* Yes, I understand your belief that "Pending" should have meant something different all along, and that you've wanted it for a long time. But I've been /using/ it the way it is for years here, and over a decade at Yahoo Groups. So my semantic expectations are at least as strongly founded as yours.
OK

It is better to improve Groups.io by having more flexibility for more groups to function as desired, than to get stuck fighting over names.