moderated Re: N Members Toggle

Leeni

Yes, I know what he is talking about.
But I was responding to what you said "I think users would get wise to it and realize that groups with the member count turned off are trying to hide that fact"

I find this very funny Catlady - that when you disagree with someone it is okay to state your opinion BUT when someone may disagree with you, you consider it arguing.

I was just doing as you were doing.

But I was pointing out that whether a count is on the homepage or not, it wouldn't make much of a difference to most people. 

-------Original Message-------

Date: 1/6/2019 2:10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] N Members Toggle

He's not talking about the members list. He's talking about the member *count*. I think all Y!Gs showed that.
This is not a big deal to me either way and I don't intend to argue with you about it. I'm just pointing out some possible repercussions.

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 12:08 PM magicalkingdomgroups@... <magicalkingdomgroups@...> wrote:
Well most of the groups that are in my circle were YGroups
In some groups the membership list was shown, in other groups it wasn't
Isn't that the same thing?
They just get used to the way an owner sets up the group.

So they would get used to Membership Count not being shown in some groups and shown in others.

Date: 1/6/2019 1:54:57 PM

Whether users prefer a larger or a smaller group in any given case, censoring the member count would make at least some users wonder why it's being hidden - in other words, why the count is shown in some groups and not others.

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 11:46 AM magicalkingdomgroups@... <magicalkingdomgroups@...> wrote:
Some people like smaller groups in my circle.
When they see a large amount of members they think more mail even though that always isn't the case. Most in my groups do not share or send mail.

Date: 1/6/2019 12:19:52 PM

Is this because of not wanting to reveal that there is a very small number of members? If so, I think users would get wise to it and realize that groups with the member count turned off are trying to hide that fact. But I have no strong feelings about it one way or the other.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

--
J

My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

--
J

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.