moderated Re: N Members Toggle

Leeni

The same in IO Groups
Some of the groups I am in show the membership list
It is made available to members
While other groups it is hidden
Isn't that the same thing?

It should be up to the owner as to whether they want the count shown on the homepage. Just my opinion. 

One of the groups I run which is an Ads Letter to advertise groups it is important for me to see how many members are in each group that wants to advertise as only groups with 8 members or more can be put on the ads letter. I need to see that they meet that criteria. 

-------Original Message-------

Date: 1/6/2019 2:08:11 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] N Members Toggle

Well most of the groups that are in my circle were YGroups
In some groups the membership list was shown, in other groups it wasn't
Isn't that the same thing?
They just get used to the way an owner sets up the group.

So they would get used to Membership Count not being shown in some groups and shown in others.

Date: 1/6/2019 1:54:57 PM

Whether users prefer a larger or a smaller group in any given case, censoring the member count would make at least some users wonder why it's being hidden - in other words, why the count is shown in some groups and not others.

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 11:46 AM magicalkingdomgroups@... <magicalkingdomgroups@...> wrote:
Some people like smaller groups in my circle.
When they see a large amount of members they think more mail even though that always isn't the case. Most in my groups do not share or send mail.

Date: 1/6/2019 12:19:52 PM

Is this because of not wanting to reveal that there is a very small number of members? If so, I think users would get wise to it and realize that groups with the member count turned off are trying to hide that fact. But I have no strong feelings about it one way or the other.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.