moderated Re: Add permalinks to Wiki pages

Ken,

Alternately, could page splitting, renaming, etc be handled as
mediawiki does? Can’t recall the proper term but links are preserved
(redirected?) Or would that be too involved in the coding?
I'm not that familiar with mediawiki (as an author), but that sounds like what Mark was suggesting (#3). I don't know how that works in the UI, but I'm content to leave that in his capable hands.

In an implementation with page numbers (my #1) how to handle a split would be up to the page author. He/she could create one new page for the "extra" information and link to the new page from the old one. Or make two new pages and edit the original down to just providing references (links) to the two replacements.

Shal