moderated Re: Why not allow Edit w/o resending

FWIW,

[Ironically addressing the meta topic]

I don't believe meta discussions belong in beta.

Beta is Groups.io's official product suggestion box. As such the primary audience for all postings here is Mark, and his time is valuable to all of us. The secondary audience would be the OP, to offer information, refinements, constructive criticism (of the suggestion) and/or elicit additional detail about the suggestion and its use case(s).

All else is chaff.

To fret that a suggestion might undo something that was already fought for is first cousin to fretting that it might be too difficult to implement - it doesn't give Mark nearly enough credit for knowing his product's history and design.

I think Barbra's point is spot-on: In a customer service forum having newbies and old-timers alike revisit old topics is both unavoidable and healthy. Attempting to quash other people's suggestions is toxic.

I think the words "fight", "battle", and "litigate" speak volumes. I think we'd all be a lot happier, less exhausted, and more productive if no one took an adversarial approach to other people's suggestions. At least not in this venue.

Therewith I too am "done". Please slap me about off-list, if you feel so inclined.

Shal