moderated Re: Why not allow Edit w/o resending

Barbara Byers

Just a comment on bringing up "old" topics.  As Groups.io grows rapidly and adds new groups and owners, it is the nature of the growth that topics will be brought up again, and that as the dynamics change, the majority of members may want to revisit the way something is done.  I do feel like there are folks that want to control everything and have a quasi-dictatorship, and others who simply want a collective group where people can do what they wish (within reason), and everything in between. And of course there is a spectrum to it, so there are folks in the middle too, who want a few controls but not everything.

Personally I get tired of hearing from the umpteenth new person about the bouncing of members when they delete a message from their spam, and I didn't like it at first either, but I came around to it.  It's part of the good problem of the product growing rapidly.

But sometimes an idea doesn't age well, even if it was all battled out years ago, things do sometimes change, and sometimes new members do have good ideas that might even be better.  Just my .02

Barb