moderated Re: Identically named topics

Jim, game of telephone. They would be allowed, but not allowed to start new threads. And Mark has done the programming necessary to detect this situation. Or I’m misunderstanding your question. It does not seem to be rocket science...???

On Dec 18, 2018, at 5:52 PM, Jim Higgins <HigginsJ@...> wrote:

Received from J_Catlady at 12/18/2018 05:44 PM UTC:

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 09:43 AM, Jim Higgins wrote:
Assuming it isn't allowed, how will it be detected and enforced?

They would be threaded into the existing topic.

Seriously? Why would a message that isn't allowed be threaded into the existing topic? What's the point to considering disallowing off topic messages from being threaded into the existing topic if off topic messages will be threaded into the existing topic?

And far more importantly, as I asked above, how would such messages be detected? It would take some really sophisticated AI programming.

What am I missing?

Jim H