moderated Re: Why not allow Edit w/o resending

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 01:30 PM, Ken Kloeber wrote:
I have no clue why a grp would not allow msgs to be edited
After much debate here over the option to disable editing, Mark finally implemented the option, and soon afterwards even he saw the value in it, as evidenced by his starting to use the option. You can't edit messages in beta.

There are many reasons why letting members edit messages is undesirable to many, many group owners. In fact, all the groups I'm in - and I'm in a lot - have now disabled it.

If you want to understand why, it's best to go back and search on past threads here rather than open the conversation again. It's not even debatable any more, really.