moderated Re: Identically named topics

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
If you're referring to messages posted via the website, then this was by design. The thought process being that someone using the 'New Topic' post feature definitely wanted a new topic. This was different than messages received via email, where we did try to merge them into existing topics.

I've changed it so that if someone posts a new topic via the web, it's treated the same as if we had received an email, and should be combined to an existing, recent topic of the same name.
Looks like we may have GMF wiki entry to update: https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Avoiding-threading-topics---threading-algorithm

I preferred things the previous way (ref: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/12491). If someone who is reading online wants to add to an existing thread, then they should reply to that thread. They should not be using the New Topic button.

Bruce