moderated Re: Don't allow members to delete whole topics @strongsuggestion

"action by Customer Care was policy, not a requirement of the TOS"
Shal, according to your own post, Y!G/s TOU differs from groups.io precisely in the requirement of the system to remove any user content at user request. The mechanism is not really relevant. And now, Y!G fails to comply with that.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 11:59 AM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
J,

But they HAD TO ASK,

There was no need to ask anyone if they were still a member or could get back in.
whether group owners or support. No real difference.

I think there's a big difference between asking a cooperative group owner to approve a membership if needed, versus having to resort to Customer Care to deal with an intransigent or AWOL one.

If Mark changes the TOU, he would also be stuck with being legally required to take down any user content, any time, at the user’s request.

No. Again: action by Customer Care was policy, not a requirement of the TOS.

Shal