moderated Re: Don't allow members to delete whole topics @strongsuggestion

Which means that if  the TOU is changed to legally allow groups.io members to force groups.io to take down any of their content, at any time, then groups.io is in a really untenable position because we already don't do that.

If a member has a valid reason for wanting to remove content, they can ask a moderator (or, worst case, support) to remove it. Allowing disablement of deletion would serve the more common situations of people just trying to delete and resend (in essence, editing their posts).

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 9:52 AM J_Catlady via Groups.Io <j.olivia.catlady=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Shal,
Remember that after a member leaves, or is removed from, a group, they can no longer delete their posts anyway. Same as in Y!G.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 9:48 AM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Mark,

I stand on the side of preserving a member's option to delete any or all of their contributions (Messages, Photos, Files, etc.).

I understand J's point about the license terms in Groups.io's TOS, but that's one of the few things I'm dissatisfied with about Groups.io. I much preferred the Yahoo TOS in that regard: it explicitly terminates the license if either the user or Yahoo deletes the content.

Shal