moderated Re: Hashtags

Jim Higgins

Received from Dave Sergeant at 12/18/2018 05:03 PM UTC:

For those of us who receive email versions of posts and who use email clients that thread by the subject line the threading breaks since only a limited number of characters are used for the threading (at least in my email reader).

Same for most of them.

Personally I can see little point in more than one hashtag in a post.

If used solely for SEARCH purposes and not for the actions that certain classes of #hashtags can trigger... the result the recipe group wants can be had by putting "tags" in the first line (or anywhere) in the message. Just put some character that isn't "#" in front of each "tag" so just plain words won't be confused with tags when searching.

Jim H