moderated Re: Hashtags

Dave Sergeant

We don't use hashtags in our groups anyway. But there is a very strong
reason for limiting the number of hashtags. They make subject lines
very long. For those of us who receive email versions of posts and who
use email clients that thread by the subject line the threading breaks
since only a limited number of characters are used for the threading
(at least in my email reader).

Personally I can see little point in more than one hashtag in a post.

Dave

On 18 Dec 2018 at 8:17, Marv Waschke wrote:

Is there a reason for limiting the number of hash tags? Hashtags are
different from searching the message text because the user intentionally
classifies the message with a tag but a search infers the classification
from the contents. Similar, but not always the same. The recipe example
shows that a single post can be in a large number of orthogonal
categories. Other subject matter could have more.

http://davesergeant.com