moderated Re: Hashtags

I think there’s some difficult technical issue Mark alluded to awhile back with increasing the max.

On Dec 18, 2018, at 8:17 AM, Marv Waschke <marv@...> wrote:

Is there a reason for limiting the number of hash tags? Hashtags are different from searching the message text because the user intentionally classifies the message with a tag but a search infers the classification from the contents. Similar, but not always the same. The recipe example shows that a single post can be in a large number of orthogonal categories. Other subject matter could have more.

Limiting the number of tags seems unnecessarily arbitrary if there is no performance or underlying structural reason for limiting them.  If the only reason for limiting hashtags is that someone might unwisely use too many, wouldn't that be better dealt with by moderating and education rather than limiting the system?
Best, Marv