moderated Re: Don't allow members to delete whole topics @strongsuggestion

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 01:27 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 07:18 PM, Ken Kloeber wrote:
Can a member post a "new" topic that is identical to another topic?
Actually, I just tested this and it turns out they can. I would have thought groups.io would have threaded them together, but it doesn't. I'm not sure what the goal would be and don't quite understand your message, but yes, they can do that, it turns out. It seems to be a separate issue, but I wonder whether this is the behavior we want/

J, I have to agree with you.

I understood from a comment Mark posted recently that they would have been "threaded" together as long as the topic name had been active "recently". That is, after some period of time it is allowed to make a new topic with the same topic label.

I also tested and confirmed that I can make two new topics with the same name. I guess I either that functionality was changed or it is broken or I misunderstood some part of the explanation.

--
Gerald