moderated Re: Yahoo group transfers currently disabled

Bill Burns <ftldny@...>

On 12/16/2018 6:42 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hi All,
It appears that Yahoo changed their login system sometime in the last 24 hours or so, which broke our group export code. I don't know if or when I'll be able to work around it as it appears to want to go through some sort of captcha system.
That's odd. I just tried signing in on a browser I've never used for Yahoo, and it was the regular name/password login, no other steps.

This was with a yahoo.com email address, and I then wondered if there was a problem with inviting a new member with a non-Yahoo address, such as the IO transfer client.

I went back to my regular login, under which I'm the owner of several groups, and invited an email address that Yahoo has never seen before. There was one step on the invite screen that I didn't remember: a check box for "Add only to mailing list".

I checked the box and sent the invite. The usual confirmation email arrived, and when I clicked through to Yahoo I was able to log in with no additional questions or security procedures.

Mark, I've just invited transfer@groups.io to a defunct Yahoo list that I happen to own (name is nawcc). Can you check if you can accept the invitation?

--
Bill