moderated Re: non-member applying to subgroup should not get main group’s pending notice #suggestion

Jim Higgins

Received from J_Catlady at 12/15/2018 01:22 AM UTC:

Here's an unrestricted group:
<https://groups.io/g/js8call>https://groups.io/g/js8call

Here's a restricted one:
<https://tanyackd.groups.io/g/support>https://tanyackd.groups.io/g/support

See the difference?

Yes, and I apologize.

By way of explanation, not excuse, I have three groups. One requires membership (and approval) for any access. One permits read/only access to non-members, membership requires approval. One requires membership, but it's granted without any approval necessary. In my testing I should have tested the first and the last, but instead tested first and second.

The mind is the second thing to go and I forget the first.

Again, I apologize.

Jim H