moderated Re: non-member applying to subgroup should not get main group’s pending notice #suggestion

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 05:30 PM, Jim Higgins wrote:
I see no good reason that Groups.io users should be lead to form the distinction you (incorrectly) said already exists
Well, the "nonexistent" distinction has been in effect for years :-) and users are already used to it. If I see "join this group" I immediately assume the group is unrestricted.