moderated Signatures & the e-mail interface

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I have discovered something that could be a bug or could be a feature.  Since I use the e-mail interface almost never this is the first time I've run into it.

In this case, the forum is Group_Help.  I have a signature defined on the Subscription page, and if I post from the web interface it appears exactly as expected.  I have both checkboxes checked as far as using it for either web or e-mail posts.  If, however, I send a reply back to an e-mail message from Groups.io, the signature from my e-mail client appears rather than my Groups.io group signature.

In this instance, I had suspected that if a Groups.io group signature was defined it would supplant anything that came in along with the e-mail message, but the opposite is happening.  Either could make perfect sense, but without knowing what the design intent was it's impossible to know whether this is a bug or not.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 
The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.

~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.