moderated Signatures & the e-mail interface

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I have discovered something that could be a bug or could be a feature.  Since I use the e-mail interface almost never this is the first time I've run into it.

In this case, the forum is Group_Help.  I have a signature defined on the Subscription page, and if I post from the web interface it appears exactly as expected.  I have both checkboxes checked as far as using it for either web or e-mail posts.  If, however, I send a reply back to an e-mail message from Groups.io, the signature from my e-mail client appears rather than my Groups.io group signature.

In this instance, I had suspected that if a Groups.io group signature was defined it would supplant anything that came in along with the e-mail message, but the opposite is happening.  Either could make perfect sense, but without knowing what the design intent was it's impossible to know whether this is a bug or not.