moderated Gmail.com From re-writing

Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago, Gmail made a change that caused a banner to be displayed above some Groups.io emails, saying the messages may be spoofed. The banner appears for the person who sent the message to the group.

As at least a short term fix, for the messages that we send back to the original sender, I am now re-writing the From address of messages sent by gmail.com users. So, if example@... sends a message to beta, the email that example@... gets back from us will have a From address of example=gmail.com@groups.io. The message we send to the other members of beta will not be affected and will have the original From line.

There's potentially a better fix for this issue that doesn't involve From re-writing, but it requires supporting a new email standard, which will take me some time to implement.