moderated Re: Give group owners control over how subscriptions are processed #suggestion

M Parker

Beth

I own a group that works in similar way to yours. It is restricted and is not listed in the Groups.io directory. As a result I get very few direct requests to join. My group has a public website where instructions on how to join, with an application form, are given. Links to the public website are given in other topic related websites and publications.

Maybe it is possible for you to opt to be not listed in the Groups.io directory? (See Settings, Privacy, Visibility <Group not listed in directory, private messages>

Margaret

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 09:21 AM, Beth Weld wrote:
We have received numerous join requests for my group this weekend, I really would like to strongly suggest that for restricted groups, we have the option to remove both the Apply button as well as the subscribe email address on the group main page.  I'm trying to redirect people to our website where they need to fill out an application (and pay money), but it hasn't worked for the dedicated folks who won't read.