moderated Re: Give group owners control over how subscriptions are processed #suggestion

I have the first text at the top of our home page, in all caps, informing people that after they apply, they need to check their email for the confirmation link and pending questionnaire. It’s ugly but it’s the only way it works for us.

On this subject, the sequence is still confusing and non-illuminating. People applying via the web are now showing up NC, having received (it seems?) only the confirmation email and not the pending email with the questionnaire (according to their email delivery histories, which of course woefully shows only the most recent single delivery - but I think Mark has it on his Todo list to change that). I thought if used to be the opposite. Bottom line, I have zero idea of what’s happening any more with people’s applications to join, and what they have received etc.

On Nov 4, 2018, at 9:21 AM, Beth Weld <bethweld77@...> wrote:

We have received numerous join requests for my group this weekend, I really would like to strongly suggest that for restricted groups, we have the option to remove both the Apply button as well as the subscribe email address on the group main page.  I'm trying to redirect people to our website where they need to fill out an application (and pay money), but it hasn't worked for the dedicated folks who won't read. I've changed our verbiage to be in red and 14pt so we will see how that works, but we really don't want anyone to try to join using groups.io

I'm also using Bruce's pending subscription notice with stronger wording - basically that they will be rejected until they follow the process, but that is a bit late after they have already applied. Not very nice either, but I don't think we have a choice.
Thanks
Beth