moderated Re: Give group owners control over how subscriptions are processed #suggestion

Beth Weld

We have received numerous join requests for my group this weekend, I really would like to strongly suggest that for restricted groups, we have the option to remove both the Apply button as well as the subscribe email address on the group main page.  I'm trying to redirect people to our website where they need to fill out an application (and pay money), but it hasn't worked for the dedicated folks who won't read. I've changed our verbiage to be in red and 14pt so we will see how that works, but we really don't want anyone to try to join using groups.io.

I'm also using Bruce's pending subscription notice with stronger wording - basically that they will be rejected until they follow the process, but that is a bit late after they have already applied. Not very nice either, but I don't think we have a choice.
Thanks
Beth