moderated Re: Update login expiration on site visit #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 12:59 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
Proposal:

Update the 30-day login period when the user visits the site, rather than only when they go through the login flow.
I am not fond of this idea. Confirmation of identity needs to be done on a periodic basis, and simply visiting the site using the same device does not accomplish that objective.

Has anyone given thought to the legal ramifications of this?

If we want subscribers to be less disconcerted, perhaps we should make them log in every time, and time them out after a certain interval of inactivity. That would be consistent with what most other sites do and certainly makes no less sense.

Thanks,
Bruce