moderated Re: a PAID version with no footer links??? #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 02:06 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 10:51 AM, Sam Hughes wrote:
Want a PURE email group, with no member ever learning there is an "online interface" whatsoever.
I don't think that's possible in groups.io. It really goes against the model.
Indeed.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  Why choose to sign up to use a medium, intentionally designed as a fusion of e-mail list and online forum, if you adamantly don't want one half of said fusion?

There are plenty of other options out there if you want one, or the other, but not both.  When you add to that the fact that no one is obligated to use either interface if they do not so choose, well . . .

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 
The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.

~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.