moderated Re: Hashtag and Topic reply to overrides

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 11:38 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
In particular, ‘reply only to sender’ actually causes groups.io to attempt to send both to the sender and to the group, and then bounces the email it sends to the group; whereas ‘reply to sender’ actually sends only to the sender. So maybe these designations should be reversed.
J -- I created a hashtag with #replyonlytosender in ShalsTest and am not seeing the behavior you describe.

  • If I simply hit reply using my email client, it automatically populates my own address. The group address is NWTBF.
  • If I manually insert the group address anyway, the one going directly to me arrives fine but the one to the group bounces with a 500 error.
  • If I click the link to view/reply online, the message editor comes up Private with no way to change it to Public.
Are you using Reply All or something?

Bruce