moderated Re: Suggestion: Ability to send PM from a member's profile page #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 08:02 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I'm not sure. Of course if the user has not established a profile, the profile would not be available to anyone (I'm not sure what you mean by "shared profile"?). However, I don't think it has anything to do with the directory. I think you can just click on a member's profile at the bottom of the member's message, whether or not the directory has been disabled.
Each profile has a Profile Privacy setting. The default is Moderators and Owners. If I understand correctly, other group subscribers (and the Public) cannot see a profile unless this setting is changed, whether the Directory is enabled or not.

At least that's the way things appear when I log on with a Subscriber account in my own group. If someone were to do the same in a different group and verify this behavior, I would appreciate the sanity check.

Making profiles unavailable if the directory is disabled (assuming that's not already the case) would solve the problem, though.
I agree and would support that.

Bruce