moderated Re: Suggestion: Ability to send PM from a member's profile page #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 12:39 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
However, since then the "disable other reply options" was implemented, which I find very useful in preventing (or minimizing) offlist conversations. How will the new PM feature interact, if at all, in groups set to reply-to-group with other reply methods disabled? It seems to water it down.
J,

From what I've observed so far, it seems that the member profile is not available to regular Subscribers (i.e.: there is no link to their profile) if the "receiving" subscriber hasn't yet established a shared profile and/or the group owner has disabled the Directory in the Settings. To that end, I don't [yet] believe this new feature is any more objectionable than the Direct Mail functionality that was added back in April (ref: https://groups.io/g/updates/message/39).

Please let me know if I'm mistaken.

Regards,