moderated Re: Language

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 05:40 PM, ro-esp wrote:
I never heard of en dashes and em dashes and thought they were the same as hyphens....
Most do and would.  The distinction is much more one of typesetting, where their length is ever so slightly different.  I know of very few people who don't interpret a small black line between two words, or a prefix and a word, as needed regardless of what typesetting convention was used for it, including hyphen.