locked Re: Issues with thread renaming

- Somehow we keep track of any subject changes and use those when
figuring out if a subject line has changed. This is really complicated.
Maybe only the most recent prior subject line, rather than the full history of changes.

Either way, this points back to a need for a mechanism to explicitly break and connect
threads. Er, topics. Provides a means to repair any unfortunate consequences of
whatever mechanism is chosen for handling Subject edits.
I agree on this. We have some subjects that see to be often repeated in unrelated threads. While the current string should be able to stay connected, I don't necessarily want it connected to the last time that subject line was used.
Dano