moderated Re: Suggestion: Ability to send PM from a member's profile page #suggestion

An alternative (although not very aesthetic) that would solve this particular problem is to have an option "lock topic except for private replies" (which would be disabled in a group that disallows private replies). However, you'd then run into the problem - discussed here aeons ago - that in the current UI, you have to first click "reply" and only after that, click "private."